The Internet is a fantastic place to connect with like-minded people, explore areas of interest, and make purchases. It also offers an easily accessible lifeline, in the form of online psychic services, to those in need of extra guidance. For many, a reading with an online psychic provides a comfortable level of anonymity that allows them to open up and discuss the troubles that they are facing in more detail.
Sadly the anonymity of the Internet also provides a suitable ‘hiding place’ for unscrupulous people. There are thousands of online psychics working from large, well-established companies, to small independent websites. It is difficult to navigate through so many options, but being aware of online scams will help to steer you in the direction of high quality professional psychic advisors. These are advisors who want to work with you in a compassionate, honest and non-judgmental way.
1) If a so-called psychic claims that they can sense curses, evil spirits or negative energy around you, run the other way! This is a shameful con that preys on fear. The ‘cure’ involves regular payments, posting items of value or sharing personal details, which can be later used to steal even more money. In some cases individuals have even been told they need to provide explicit photos of themselves to assist in cleansing their energy. Yes, life can be hard and at times it may feel as though things will never get better, but evil curses do not exist. If you are going through a tough time psychic advisors can help, but they would never talk of such things and certainly would never ask you to send money, items or post photos. A true psychic will work with you in love and compassion, helping to empower you so that you can overcome your difficulties.
2) Avoid any website that sells charms, potions, talismans and spells. This is another example of how these charlatans prey on fear and anxiety. Not only are these websites disempowering, but by creating the illusion that you have no control over your own destiny, they can also repeatedly work against the ‘light workers’ code. This code clearly states that it is morally and ethically corrupt to interfere with another person’s ‘free will’. Buying a spell to make an ex lover come back is wrong. These services are not helpful nor do they work. All they do is encourage unhealthy and unrealistic expectations, while lining someone else’s pockets.
3) Don’t be swayed by psychics who claim that they can ’bring him back’ or ‘help you win money’. No matter how tempting it is to believe that they have the power to make everything ok, it simply isn’t the case. No one can solve your problems for you. The only person who can bring positive change to your life is you.
4) A good psychic advisor will not shy away from telling you if life’s road is about to get bumpy, but this is completely different from saying a terrible tragedy is just around the corner. It is all too easy to make ridiculous claims about being able to foresee death, illness and ghastly accidents. Unreliable psychics will attempt to guide you through these tricky times, roping you into a series of lengthy, nonsense calls.
5) While many reputable psychics also have successful careers in Complementary Therapy, they are not medically qualified. As such they are not able to diagnose, prescribe or cure. Stay away from any psychic or website touting health cures.
6) A scam that is easy to fall victim to is the ‘Free Personalized Reading.’ In exchange for this ‘free’ reading you must enter personal details, including your credit card information. Don’t be surprised when your card is charged after the reading. Protect your personal details at all times. Whether the reading is free or not, always read the Terms and Conditions of any website that you visit. Use only those that are payment secure, and never give out your details over the phone.
7) If you receive unsolicited emails, texts or contact information through social media websites, you should delete them, even if the sender purports to know a great deal about you. This is usually information that can be easily found online or it’s so generalized that it seems specific but isn’t.
8) Fraudulent psychics can take advantage of you by providing partial readings, and telling you to call back later for more information. This is a crafty way of roping you in and leaving you hanging. Often they will stop at a point that feels crucial, such as a big money win, accident or special message from a departed loved one. This forces you into making continuous calls on their high priced lines. A psychic that gives partial readings is only interested in your money.
9) Email and SMS/Text readings are often a less expensive option for those watching their pennies. However it’s important to know exactly what you are getting. Shady companies are more than happy sending out cut and paste jobs or generalized automatic responses. These readings are useless and a complete waste of time and money. Before purchasing anything check the website for examples of readings that you will receive.
10) Psychic advisors who engage in any type of ego-based power play should be avoided at all costs. This can include things such as saying; you’re not ready for the information they are receiving, you must leave your partner, or you need to invest your money. Their role is to help guide and support you, not pressure you into doing things that you feel uncomfortable with. Always remember that the partnership between psychic advisor and client is one of equals.